Certificate Course on IPR Litigation
Intellectual Property is building its beneficial contribution to the social and economic welfare of a society, becoming one of the highly valuable assets of businesses globally. However, IP holders are not fully aware of their rights which consequently results in a blatant violation of their inestimable IPs. Thus, it is imperative to ensure an efficient protection of IP rights through tools that make it more effective and easily accessible.
Module 1: Objectives
Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights or IPR Litigation in India is heterogeneous and the reasons that can be attributed to the same are: the diverse dispute resolution options available to the right holder in case of an infringement or breach of his right, varied statutory as well as equitable remedies available, and the different jurisdictional provisions provided by various statutes.
After completing the study of this introductory module on the basics of Enforcement of IPR with an extensive judicial interpretation, you should be able to:
- Comprehend the need and importance of IPR Litigation,
- List down varied rights and remedies conferred by different statutes on the right holders,
- Understand the appropriate mode of dispute resolution that can be adopted considering the nature of dispute vis-à-vis the competency of such authority,
- Analyse the various facets of IPR Litigation with major focus on the enforcement of patents through internal mechanisms, legal provisions curbing the rising menace of counterfeiting and piracy, and other court oriented procedural aspects,
- Differentiate and accordingly apply the diverse evidences, as statutorily provided, to determine the facts in IPR Litigation,
- Comprehend the international legal framework on the enforcement of IPR through a brief overview of the same.